The channel development service helps consulting clients to build a sales channel in the US market. This service is typically used by companies with annual sales in the range of $20 million to $75 million in a local market outside the US. It provides a cost-effective way to gain additional revenues for existing products in the US market.
The program is ideal for products with prices between $15K-$150K, which can be handled through an indirect sales channel and targeted to small and medium businesses (SMB). Each IS&T client receives all the functions that would exist in a US sales office without incurring the cost of hiring a US-based sales staff.
Cost sharing of sales administrators, logistics staff, support staff, and local supervisory management gives clients the ability to launch a US sales program for a low overall cost. Clients have the option of taking over the sales office when revenues justify the cost.
Components of the service are:
- Turnkey US sales operations
- Hands-on implementation of a custom sales channel
- Recruitment of resellers and distributors
- Ongoing training and management of resellers
- More immediate present value of the forecasted sales commissions
- Staff for sales, product documentation, marketing communications, sales support, technical support and product feature development for the US market.
- Sales and support databases
- Product portal and web site
IS&T also provides expertise in sales cycle management. The key activity in sales cycle management is identifying requirements to minimize the length of the cycle. IS&T works to identify tools that simplify the sales process because any reduction in this period represents increased sales productivity and an acceleration of product adoption.
Prior to developing the tools IS&T identifies all stakeholders in the adoption of the new solution(s), then builds tools that minimize training time and assist teams in creating product features and/or tools that shorten the sales cycle.